12 lessons from my hibernation years, 2009-2012
I’m celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas, thinking about present time, and made a list of 12 practical life learnings–gifts–gleaned from what I’m calling my silent years, 2009-2012.
Why the list? I moved to Alaska in 2007, and with the assistance of the sturdy and wild landscape, hibernated. I am sorry for the times I was not available or present to the suffering and celebration of dear friends, former students, acquaintances, readers. Please forgive me, and my silent absence. This inner hibernation was necessary to heal and become hopeful, energized, and juiced with life once again. It is good to feast and feel quirky and alive, anew. In 2013, I anticipate mutual partnerships, service, and being available to contribute to healing and wholeness, passion and laughter in our world. Cheers!
Top 12 List
12. “Carry many colored pens. Good ink flows smooth.” #writer
11. “Photo inspirations appear everywhere.” #iPhone
10. “Dog – An angel cloaked in fur, wielding a tail.” #Kenai
9. “Wear ice cleats outdoors at 36F and below.” #prudent #PreventFallOw
8. “Snow-blowing trumps vacuuming.” #chores
7. “Great book clubs issue EOs [Emergency Orders] to convene. No reading required.” #SourDoes #friendship
6. “Our energy biofield is mysterious, practical and compelling.” #HealingTouch #Reiki #Qigong #physics
5. “Ask a friend to accompany you to divorce court, for a biopsy appointment, or these such things.” #Don’tDoItAlone
4. “Fish barefoot, in a suit, at dawn, dusk or dark, in a boat, on a bank, a shore, any time. When someone hands you a rod, take it.” #Alaska
3. “Fifty surprised me.” #5October #TakeMySweetTime
2. “Romance happens at a fire.” #sparks
1. “Flow like a river.” #attitude
Bonus: “Wear your love like heaven.” #2013
I will share short posts in coming weeks to illuminate these 12, together with additional learnings from my time of hibernation. And, I’m curious, what would your list include?
May your 2013 be exceptionally brilliant and intentional. Please, be brave, believe.
Happy New Year.
Love, Pegge and Kenai (the dog)